As a professional School Disc Jockey, our goal at every event we do is to create a fun, safe environment. Play great music, put on a big light show, encourage the kids to dance for three or four hours and go home with a smile on their faces. In years past, it was simple – turn off the music until they stop “moshing” or “crowd-surfing” and refuse to play any songs that encouraged that type of behavior.
We believe that more needs to be done education wise prior to the dance. We will gladly come to your school and meet with students, advisers and administrators prior to any event to discuss the music. Establish rules of conduct. Discuss what is appropriate and inappropriate. Discuss the consequences. Have chaperones actively patrol the dance floor area and remove any students in violation from the dance floor.
We want to create a safe, positive environment and will work closely with any school to see that that happens.
For our part, what we have done is implemented several policies and changes to our approach:
- We will meet with any advisor or administrator before the dance to discuss the music.
- We are committed to playing a variety of more upbeat, dance music.
- We are committed to NOT playing only a continuous mix of low end beat R&B/rap music.
- We are committed to avoiding any songs with inappropriate content – even if requested!
- We have invested in fun lighting that will help evoke the right kind of atmosphere for your kids, which adds color and fun!